Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that live in our digestive tracts and help with digestion. Probiotics are found in certain foods like yoghurt, sauerkraut, kombucha and kefir or supplements. Our bodies contain over 100 trillion microorganisms that help us function. The bacteria that live in our digestive tract is called a microbiome, and it contains both probiotics and pathogenic (bad) bacteria. Abnormal gut flora could allow the overgrowth of bad bacteria that cause illnesses like SIBO, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, IBS, and Leaky Gut Syndrome. Therefore, it's crucial to maintain a healthy microbiome by consuming good microbes or taking probiotic supplements.
Probiotics are important to our health. They support our bodies’ natural efforts or our immunity to protect us from infection and disease. Your body's immune system responds to both internal and external factors that try to infiltrate your body.
Probiotics for immunity help improve the health of our digestive tract, synthesize nutrients and help with immune function. This can lead to better overall health, weight loss, and a stronger immune system. Here are five ways to strengthen your immune system by improving your gut health.
1. Boosting Your Immune Response to Disease-Causing Infections - One study found that when you take probiotics while you're sick with a norovirus (vomiting bug), you'll be less likely to get infected by the virus and spread it to others. What's more, another study found that when people were given high doses of specific probiotic strains, they experienced fewer influenza-like symptoms and missed fewer days of work than people who got a placebo. That suggests that taking probiotics to immune health can reduce the likelihood of catching colds and flu.
2. Crowding Out Harmful Bacteria in the Gut - Probiotics act as sound "gut stewards," helping prevent harmful bacteria from taking over your gut and causing problems like bloating and diarrhea. Keeping your gut microflora in good shape helps ensure that no matter how much harmful bacteria is floating around, there's still plenty of healthy flora for your body to fight off any germs that make it past your immune system.
3. Probiotics Can Help Prevent Yeast Infections - Some people have yeast overgrowth in their bodies, which causes various symptoms, such as bloating, gas and vaginal itching, or other infections. Probiotic supplements may help keep yeast levels under control by suppressing its growth.
4. Probiotics Can Improve Your Mood and Stress Levels - Taking probiotic supplements can boost your immune system, improve your mood and stress levels. Probiotics can also help balance bacteria in the gut and support a healthy digestive tract – all of which can make you feel more youthful and energized.
5. Some Probiotic Strains May Ease Allergic Symptoms - Some probiotic strains may ease symptoms like diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammation, ulcers, and allergic reactions affecting the gastrointestinal tract. Allergy sufferers are likely to benefit from two types of probiotic strains in particular - Lactobacillus acidophilus and Saccharomyces boulardii.
So what are you waiting for? Grab the probiotic in your favorite form - probiotic drinks, probiotic water, food, gummies, snacks, juices, smoothies, sauces to protein shakes, and much more, only at Unique Biotech. We offer carbonated and non Carbonated beverages, probiotic chocolates, and vegan probiotics as well.