Probiotics or good bacteria help maintain digestive health and boost the immune system. Moreover, they are meant to enhance your general health by reducing inflammation in your intestines or skin. While probiotics are often considered complementary or alternative to antibiotics, they are actually the exact opposite. Antibiotics kill helpful bacteria in the body, while probiotics promote the growth of friendly flora. If you are wondering whether probiotics are good for the immune system, then this blog is for you.
The human immune system is a complex network of cells, tissues, organs, and biochemicals that altogether help the body fight infections and other diseases. In general, a strong immune system helps prevent illness and fights off pathogens. But there is more to it than meets the eye! The importance of a strong immune system is sometimes overshadowed by the importance of probiotics in one's gut, which in turn can boost immunity.
Benefits of Probiotics for Immunity
Probiotics are live microorganisms that colonize your gut. Microbes in the lower GI tract help to digest food, fight bad bacteria and regulate the immune system. According to research on obesity, microbes of the intestine can have an important influence on host energy balance. The communities of microbes in the gut function as an organ that can influence human health. Probiotics are extremely safe and healthy to take for immunity, oral health, gut health and many such conditions where a disbalance occurs between the good and bad bacteria. Here are some other proven benefits of probiotics for immune health -
- Probiotics can help restore the natural balance of gut bacteria and thus aid in improving digestion.
- Intake of antibiotics often kills the good bacteria of the gut and results in diarrhoea. Probiotics can help maintain the microbiome balance, and prevent and treat the diarrhoea.
- Some probiotic strains can help keep the heart healthy. Immunity probiotic shots help lower the bad cholesterol levels and also modestly lower blood pressure.
- Probiotic foods and beverages may also reduce the severity of acne, psoriasis, eczema, and other skin conditions. Probiotics seem to work by reducing inflammation and fighting bacteria or yeasts that cause skin infections.
- Gas, bloating, and diarrhoea are just some of the symptoms that are caused by the bad bacteria in our stomachs. While antibiotics have been widely used in the past, probiotics (friendly bacteria) can help solve such minor health problems. These friendly bacteria help suppress the growth of bad bacteria in the gut. This means less gas for you!
- Probiotics have been proven to help reduce stress levels, increase serotonin levels, maintain normal colon function, enhance mood, and prevent depression and anxiety. The term “gut-brain axis” refers to the interconnectivity between the gut and the brain. The interactions between the brain and the gut happen due to a myriad of neurotransmitters and neuropeptides which are part of the mucosal immune system. These play a crucial role in your ability to sense your emotions, manage stress and even recognize your personality type. It’s been found that 90% of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that regulates behaviour, mood, and sleep, is produced in our gastrointestinal tract.
- Certain probiotic strains have shown health benefits in inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, Clostridium difficile infections, necrotizing enterocolitis in infants, asthma, allergies, metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular diseases. Probiotics and Synbiotics (Prebiotics + Probiotics) are used to prevent and treat chronic diseases, due to their role in immune system modulation.
- One of the most important benefits of probiotics is the immunity boost. Probiotics for immune support supplements of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium species help to improve the diversity and overall efficacy of immune cells. As a matter of fact, researches show that probiotics and prebiotics together can exhibit a powerful anti-inflammatory effect and can help to prevent a wide range of immunity-related diseases.
If you are still wondering whether probiotics help the immune system or not, then give probiotics a try. Unique Biotech's probiotics are effective, potent and provide live and active cultures in proper balance. They help your digestive system to function properly and aids your immune system. Probiotics survive stomach acid and will deliver healthy bacteria and boost your immune system.